Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sausage stuffed Zucchini Recipe


Wonder what to do with those huge oversized zucchinis from your garden? Well, I got one from my dear friend Ann Meersman, who has turned quite the gardener. I visited her for lunch and couldn't beleive the size of the zucchinis. Of course, I had seen some big ones before at the Puyallup Fair, but this was home grown.
She gave me one and than I had to figure out how to cook it. She herslef made stuffed zucchini, so I wanted to experiment.


Here is my recipe.
Slice the zucchini in half and simmer it face down in a pan for 10 minutes, till it is tender, but not all cooked.
Remove the inside pulp with a spoon and push it aginst a strainer to remove as much moisture as possible. Chop the pulp.
Now, saute some chopped onions with garlic and brown sausage as well. Add in the zucchini pulp.
Now to kick it up a notch, I added some garam masala and red chilli powder.
Mix in some breadcrumbs and parmesan and reserve some for topping as well.
Sill the zucchini and bake in the oven at 350F for 25 minutes. YUMMY!!!!

blogger email facebook twitter youtube

2 comments:

June Perry said...

That sounds really good. I like you spicy additions.

Charan Sachar said...

We all need a little spice in our lives. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...