Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Besan Puda from Manjula's Kitchen


This is one of my favorite food that we enjoy for breakfast/brunch over weekends. It is Besan Puda, savory and can always be varied with the vegatables to add to it. Think of it as a vegetarian omlet without eggs.
The one I made is made with zuccinni and I got the recipe from Manjula's kitchen. I know I have a strong Indian accent, but she takes the cake. I love the way she talks and you feel you are really in her kitchen when she cooks. Lots of great indian vegetarian recipes on her website.
Here is the recipe I followed. I did add cilantro for extra flavor. I have made variations of this with bell pepper and that comes out good too.

What is your favorite brunch? Comment below.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks yummy. What was the first flour she put into the bowl?

Charan Sachar said...

She adds besan (Gram flour) which is available in all Indian stores. I usually omit the rice flour.

Charan Sachar said...

Here is her written recipe.
http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/01/18/besan-gram-flour-puda-dosa/

Spice said...

This is my all time fav.....in my kitchen for kids it's "Indian Pancak with veggies" :) I love to make it with lots of veggies also add some flax meal, never used rice flour in it....& yes I do use buttermilk/dahi instead of water.

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

Thank you for posting this! It sounded so delicious that I decided to put my own Mediterranean spin to it. I used corn meal instead of the rice flour and substituted garlic, green onions and chard for the cumin, green peppers and zucchini... Other than that... (LOL!) I followed the directions in the video and it turned out fabulous... I have a new favorite recipe now! Thanks!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...