Sunday, August 1, 2010

Coconut Cake




Every now and then I get into baking/cooking mode. It had been a while since I baked a cake, so decided to make a simple coconut and cherry cake.


Here is the recipe
6oz butter
3/4 cup sugar (I have reduced this from 1 cup, because I don't like extra sweet cakes)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup dessicated cocunut
1/4 cup cherries chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla essense (opt)
3-4 tbsp milk

Cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
Graudually beat in the eggs + vanilla essense.
Fold in the sifted flour+bk pwder
Fold in the cocunut with teh cherries.
Add milk to get to dropping consistency
Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour our till a tooth pick comes out clean.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

JNpottery said...

I've printed the recipe. You didn't indicate what size pan, but it looks like an 8" ring pan?

I may make this to9 take on vacation at the beach.

Unknown said...

Yum...I also like coconut custard pie.....and your fabulous pottery.

ViKotas/Etsy

Melody said...

Looks delish! I can't wait to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...