Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What is your medium for making art work?


We all know artists are creative. They are making beautiful art from paints, clay, paper, fabric, glass, tile, music.. etc.. etc.. As a kid I have had a good share of trying my hand at different things too. I remember using color pencils, paints, paper, coins. Then later started working with paper mache, and then baking. I made cakes, desserts for a while and still do when I get the time. Now however my focus is all in clay, but all my influences from other mediums do play some part in my current work.


I still get very fascinated when I look at art work that is made of something I had not even thought of. I have seen sculptures made of bottle caps, art work made of beer bottles.... Recently I came across the beautiful work of Jennifer Maestre who makes these extra ordinary sculptures from Pencil Points. I have always had a soft spot for stationary but looking at her work just blew me away. You can see that each piece for work requires a lot of patience. Her use of color is remarkable. She also has an etsy shop where she sells pendants made of pencils. http://jenmaestre.etsy.com/

So all you artists, keep creating and do share what extra ordinary work have you done or seen with a medium you least expect.

3 comments:

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

Thanks for sharing this Charan. Her work is amazing!

Linda Starr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Starr said...

Pencil points for art - wow, that is amazing.

Love your work too, your use of color and pattern is great. I use clay too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...