Monday, August 25, 2008

Mugs

I was reading through some blogs and came across this one from Garciela http://glyntpottery.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-pot.html

Very interesting note. I think mugs are the most intimate thing a potter makes. It is a simple form but creates this intimate connection between the potters hand and the user. When I drank first out of a hand thrown mug... I couldn't help but think who made it, whose finger marks are those, glad they made the lip of the mug in such a way that it felt so soothing to me, the handle was made for me to hold it.

Every potter I know is always perfecting their mugs. They want their work to be individual and at the same time make a connection with every person who buys them. So from being a very simple form it becomes a very complex execution.

Below you can see my transformation of cups starting from earliest to current and I am still learning to make the perfect mug!










2 comments:

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

Hi Charan,
Your mugs are magnificent! It's interesting how they've become more colorful!
Graciela

Todd said...

I love your mugs, Charan!
Peace!
Todd in Santa Fe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...